These gluten-free oat waffles are the easiest waffles you’ll ever make. You can make these for breakfast or dessert or have them as a snack. Top with your favorite berries, maple syrup, and my coconut whipped cream.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link!
- 2 1/2 cups of gluten-free oats
- One cup plant milk
- 1 / 4 cup sugar ( I used coconut suagr )
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons of melted and cooled butter ( I used vegan butter )
See the recipe card for quantities.
Start by measuring everything.
Then add all the ingredients into a high-speed blender or food processor.
Once everything is smooth and blended add about 1/4 cup to your waffle pan. I use this waffle iron and the 1/4 cup is just the perfect amount.
Cook until done. Mine takes about 2-3min!
HINT: Carefully remove the waffle with a fork so it does not start to break apart.
- Eggs – instead of egg, you can use egg replacer I use this sometimes. Or you can make a flax eggs
- Flour – Use flour instead of oats flour. It will change the flavor as oats have a much stonger flavor than all purpose flour. I use Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour or King Arthur, Measure for Measure Flour
- Vegetarian – Use egg replacer or learn how to make flax eggs and use them instead.
- Chocolate – add chocolate or raw cacao to make them into chocolate waffles instead.
- Banana – add bananas to make them into sweeter waffles. These waffles are more on the savory side.
- Kid friendly – add some sliced up bananas or strawberries and pour some maple syrup on top!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this waffle iron that I got from Amazon! It’s the best waffle iron I’ve ever had and I love how cute and perfectly sized the waffles come out. I’ve had mine for years and it’s still good as new. It is so good I don’t need to use any oil or cooking sprays when I make waffles.
- 1 high speed blender or food processor
- 1 Electric mixer or handheld mixer
- 1 Waffle iron
- 1 fork
- 2 1/2 cup Gluten-free oats
- 1 cup plant milk ( I used almond milk )
- 1/4 cup sugar ( I used coconut sugar )
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons melted and cooled butter ( I used vegan butter )
- 2 eggs
- Start by measuring everything.
- Place all of the ingredients into a high speed blender or a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Using your favorite waffle iron, scoop out about 1/4 cup of the gluten free waffle batter and let it cook for 1-3 min.
- Enjoy with fresh berries, maple syrup, and some of my coconut whipped cream
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don’t leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
See more guidelines at USDA.gov.
Leave a Reply